THE SERVICE WE PROVIDE...
WHAT WILL THE MYSTIC RIVER MARINA SALES MANAGEMENT TEAM DO?
We will see your transaction through from beginning to end.
We will be the - Advisor, Photographer, Publicist, Printer, Negotiator, and Conveyance (Money) Facilitator.
- We will provide professional advice and counsel regarding your purchase or sale.
- We will provide guidance on pricing, how to locate a competent surveyor, and how to best offer a vessel for sale.
- If you are a purchaser, we will through our various contacts, assist in identifying those boats suitable to your needs; thus eliminating wasted effort looking at unsuitable craft.
- In addition to advertisements in various yachting press, we will create and print for distribution marketing material outlining the attributes of your vessel.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate details, inventory lists and often take photographs.
- We will make certain the most complete information concerning your craft is available to enhance marketing.
- We will act as negotiator to arrive at mutually acceptable terms, which will be secured by a Contract fair and binding to all parties.
- We will arrange for surveys and sea trials, slipping, provide advice on repair estimates, and negotiate revised terms.
CONVEYANCE (MONEY) FACILITATOR
- We will assure financial security by acting as a fiduciary, maintaining an accurate accounting of all client funds.
- We will ensure that payments are made per the contract in exchange for title.
- When requested, we will introduce purchasers to the most advantageous sources of finance and/or insurance.
- We will arrange for proper documentation and title conveyance through a suitable provider in order to ensure that good title to the vessel is conveyed.
- As professionals, we will maintain customary Professional Indemnity Insurance.
IF YOU ARE THE SELLER
- A Brokerage Commission Fee of 10% shall be paid by the seller for the sale of your vessel by MYSTIC RIVER MARINA.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Our Listing Survey Form fully completed.
- A complete inventory of equipment included in the sale; and a complete list of inventory that is not included in the sale.
- A good set of internal and external photographs, (on a photo disc if possible).
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- Ensure that the boat is clean and tidy so that prospective buyers will be certain to get a good first impression.
- Make it easy for buyers to inspect the boat by having it at a marina.
- Be certain the vessel is easily accessible.
- Make certain we have a spare set of keys or the location of hidden keys as buyers give little notice of their visit.
- Make sure that everything is in working order.
- Have minor repairs accomplished
- Notify us of any defects with the vessel or its equipment.
STAGES OF BUYING OR SELLING
- Buyer asks to see/inspect the vessel. We make arrangements for this and conduct the inspection. We will not permit boarding without a member of the sales staff present.
- Buyer makes an offer to the broker - As is where is - or, subject to a survey - and/or, subject to a survey and a sea trial.
- Seller accepts the purchase offer, or buyer and seller negotiate through the Broker to an agreed upon purchase price.
- We prepare contract and arranged to have it executed by both parties. Buyer posts 10% deposit with Broker - this deposit shall be returnable if the sale is not consummated.
- Buyer arranges for survey and sea trial with broker and seller.
- If the survey and sea trial are acceptable, a purchase closing is scheduled and the buyer pays the remaining 90% of the purchase price at the closing. If the survey and/or sea trial are not satisfactory the sales price may be renegotiated, or the sale may be cancelled.
- The physical transfer of the vessel is accomplished and the seller is paid the purchase price less the commission and costs to be born by the seller, if any.
Mystic River Marina
C. Todd Delfosse, Broker
36 Quarry Road
PO Box 66
Mystic, CT 06355
Toll Free: 800-344-8840